Software is only useful if you get it up and running!
The Minotaur Business System is a fully integrated, configurable traceability ERP software package designed for use by manufacturers and distributors to help you maximize your business operating efficiency and profit. All of our functionality, including EDI and Payroll, have been developed in-house and designed for ease of use and seamless operation. Our philosophy is that the software tool we provide should fit your requirements and as the developer of the system, we can ensure the Minotaur program conforms to your needs, now and as you grow.
We understand that switching systems is a process that requires dedication from your team and ours. Our commitment to customers is to work with you to successfully implement the software and to help you continue your education and understanding of advanced features and options over time, ensuring you take full advantage of the depth of the functionality available to you.
Adaptable Architecture – start with a strong core
The Minotaur Business System’s architecture allows you to begin with the core traceability ERP package and add specialized functionality, such as the handheld warehouse management system, or optional functionality and configurations as your requirements grow and evolve. Today’s Minotaur Business System is the product of more than 30 years of customer and programming experience. For users, this translates into exceptional reliability, flexibility and performance. Whether your needs are simple or complex, Minotaur can tailor a system that’s just right for you.
8 Steps to a Successful Implementation
Minotaur has developed a highly successful implementation process based on our over 30 years of experience implementing our ERP software solution. At the same time, we recognize that every customer is unique. Therefore, we work with you to tailor the implementation process to suit your resources and requirements. The Minotaur implementation process consists of the following steps:
1. Preliminary Planning. This step defines and introduces the project team members from Minotaur with those of your company. Minotaur will assign you a primary senior project manager who will be with you throughout the entire implementation and go live process. We similarly recommend you identify a project lead at your end, someone with an understanding of your entire company who can work effectively with staff from all departments in your organization. As implementing a new ERP system is hard work, it is important to select committed team members and ensure they are onside with your goals for the project.
2. Initial Installation. The initial installation process consists of preparing the hardware, preparing the initial build, and installing the build on your server. During this process, the Minotaur installation specialists are introduced to your hardware people and become familiar with your IT operating environment. Installation usually takes a few hours and is typically done remotely over the internet saving you travel time. We will work with your hardware tech to train them how to set up connection icons on all computers and devices that will be accessing the system. Whether you have an in house IT person or contract that job out to a hardware provider, it is important that we be introduced to ensure that the hardware is set up optimally to work with the software.
3. Core Training. The next step in the implementation process is core training. This step focuses on training for the basic Minotaur functionality needed to help you load and set up the static data for the system. This data consists of items that are normally subject to relatively few changes on a day to day basis such as general ledger accounts, customer master files, supplier master files, item master files, price lists, and manufacturing bills of materials. We will discuss how each element of this data affects your various business processes and review all configurations discussed during the sales process. It is a two way learning process where you learn Minotaur and we learn about your business. Upon completion of the training on the various static data in the system, arrangements are made to load the static data from your precursor system to Minotaur unless you prefer to enter some of all of it directly.
Also during this process, you provide samples of your forms to Minotaur so we can begin setting those documents up so they are ready for functional training. This includes documents you will share with customers such as invoices, packing slips, bills of lading, certificates of analysis and finished goods labels as well as internal documents such as manufacturing work orders, pick tickets, raw material labels, etc. If you have pre-printed forms, we will require some copies, otherwise you can provide documents in pdf, or any windows program such as Word, Excel or Publisher.
4. Gap Analysis. Typically between the completion of Core Training and Functional Training below, there is an opportunity to identify aspects of your business that may not be addressed by the generic Minotaur system and may not have been identified during the sales process and to work with your Project Manager to plan mechanisms to handle them. Timing the Gap Analysis to occur before Functional Training allows you to have plans (and perhaps customizations) in place for those needs, if there are any, prior to beginning user training.
5. Functional Training. At this stage, training can be extended beyond the implementation team. Staff from each functional area within your company are trained on using Minotaur to accomplish everyday business tasks. Minotaur can tailor the type and style of training to your requirements, conducting one-on-one or group sessions, in person or remotely at convenient times. Training is usually done on the test or training database provided as part of your implementation to avoid putting spurious transactions in your live system. Your training system will always be available to you for future use even after you go live. This is helpful when you hire new staff.
6. Testing. The testing phase is one that generally uses only customer resources. Essentially users will use the training provided in previous steps to test various aspects of your day to day operations in the new system. The amount of testing done by customers ranges from one day to to full parallel runs for one or more months. Most customers settle on testing a few days or a weeks worth of operations before going live.
7. Go Live. Final implementation consists of preparing your database with starting balances and then going live. Normally you will start with a clean database consisting only of your static data such as accounts, customers, suppliers and parts. We will aid in developing a plan to load your opening balance data such as opening general ledger balances, opening inventory stock balances (typically after an inventory count), opening accounts receivable and opening accounts payable. Once this information is entered to the new system, you are ready to begin live processing using the Minotaur Business System.
8. You’re Live, what now? Once your implementation is complete, your Minotaur Project Manager remains available to help you as your business grows. This continued service by someone that now understands your business ensures new requirements work with existing functionality. Business growth and new industry requirements often lead to requirements for additions and changes to business processes. While we know that many of those needs can be accommodated using the standard Minotaur Business System, there will be some requirements that will need tailoring for you. As part of our regular R&D activities, we continue to develop new features and make them available for you to consider adding to your system. We are also available to work with you to develop appropriate customizations to address any ongoing and changing requirements. In this way, the Minotaur Business System can grow with your business and not become a bottleneck to your growth.
We encourage you to invest in ongoing training development for new and existing staff. Any of your staff can receive the customer newsletter with tips and articles to help you use Minotaur features. Sending your staff to the Minotaur annual user conference can ensure they keep up to date on advanced features and develop the skills to extract and report on the information that can help you make better business decisions. We are only a phone call or email away and look forward to supporting your success and serving you for many years to come.